Do all babies love water? Well, my baby does for sure! 🙂
She loves swimming in the pool and taking long baths. She would scream “BUBBUS!” (Bubbles) in excitement and would immediately grab her rubber duckies when it’s time for bath. She would even cry and beg to stay longer when it’s time to get out of the water!
Luckily, regular bathing may provide several benefits.
- Some say bathing could IMPROVE BLOOD CIRCULATION. According to studies, immersing oneself in a tub filled with water increases blood circulation to the limbs and helps in nourishment of damaged cells at the extremities. With increased blood circulation, the blood pressure reduces and the heart function also improves.
- Many say bathing may BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. Some studies showed that taking a shower regularly can stimulate the vascular and lymph system to produce more number of immune cells that fight infections. Aside from this, bathing will remove the toxins from the body thru cleansing the sweat. Sweating is a means by which the body eliminates toxins. With daily bath, sweat will be eliminated from the skin killing bacteria and viruses, which will then decrease the number infections you may suffer. I have to say this one is my favorite and probably every mom’s favorite. Anything that would boost my child’s immune system is a great thing!
- Another benefit of bathing is that it INDUCES SLEEP. Some studies have shown that bathing can improve the quality of sleep. While in others, it has also cured insomnia. I’m personally a believer of this and I really have a hard time sleeping at night if I don’t take a bath or at least wash my entire body. My daughter also loves her long bath at night. The refreshing feeling makes the body comfortable at rest.
- Bathing may also IMPROVE LUNG FUNCTION. With every cup of cold water that you pour on your head while bathing, an automatic reflex action is set in. It forces you to breathe deeply with a quick pause. When cold water hits you, you instantly tend to hold your breath for couple of seconds followed by deep exhalation. This opens up the lungs and increases the uptake of oxygen.
- Lastly, bathing is GOOD FOR THE SKIN. Bathing with warm or cold water is like a natural cleansing process. It opens up pores, removes toxins and leaving your skin smooth and soft. This I think is the most basic yet one of the most important benefits of bathing. Taking care of our skin is vital at any age, even more so for babies with very young and sensitive skin.
(Crediting Source: Healthsite.Com)
Taking all of these into account, we mothers must also make sure our kids get to bathe regularly in spite of having various schedule changes. Likewise, it is equally significant to CHOOSE BATH PRODUCTS WISELY as they also affect our children’s health and hygiene.
Currently, my daughter uses a trusted and tested brand, Mustela bebe. We absolutely love the mild and fresh scent perfect for babies. Aside from that, our favourite Dermo-Cleansing wash is hypoallergenic and soap-free with biodegradable formula and zero parabens! My only concern about the Mustela wash is it is not formulated to be “no tears”. They sting my daughter’s eyes so I have to be careful. Oh and of course, Mustela products are expensive. Her small 200-ml bottle costs P490.00!
Thankfully, Tupperware Brands Philippines has generously sent us their bath and skincare products for babies and kids! My daughter and I were delighted to receive these bath goodies and we couldn’t wait to try them! 🙂
According to dermatologists, it is good to change up bath products once in a while so we’re happy to add Baby Care Plus in Bubba’s array of bath time buddies!
We like Baby Care Plus because it’s hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested. That’s a MUST for any product my baby uses. It is also mild with a PH-balanced formula so it won’t irritate baby’s skin. This is super important for me because my daughter has eczema and I’m really careful in choosing products for her. I am also not a fan of strong scents so the mild fruity powdery scent is a plus for me. And finally, unlike Mustela, it’s super affordable!
Specific products also have their own unique strong points that make Baby Care Plus awesome! The Baby Bath has a Lamesoft Skin Protector, which forms a natural barrier around baby’s skin to protect while cleansing, giving baby softer, smoother skin. The Baby Shampoo conatains Cetiol Conditioners, which moisturizes baby’s hair and scalp which prevents dryness. The Baby Lotion has 24-hour locked in moisturizers and vitamin E that leaves baby’s skin soft all day. The Baby Powder contains Allantion, which works as an anti-irritant to soothe baby’s skin while keeping it fresh and dry. Finally, the Baby Cologne contains Hydraplus formula with moisturisers to help prevent dryness. My favourite would be the Baby Bath and I think they can still improve on their cologne. It’s such a joy to discover new products for kids!
Glad my baby has more bath time buddies now to keep her clean and fresh! Thank you, Tupperware Brands Philippines! 🙂
Bubbly Mommy of a Water Baby,