Wow this HEAT in Manila is just TERRIBLE!
I think this may be by far the hottest summer I’ve ever experienced and it’s actually quite alarming already.
Last week, our heat index soared up to a dangerous 43 degrees celsius! My goodness that is way too hot…
Having an air-conditioning system is a MUST these days, especially if you have kids, and I really sincerely worry for those who live without.
Five tips to survive this summer heat:
- Stay indoors from 10:00am-4:00pm. If you’re going outdoors, bring these as you summer weapons: Sunblock, Cap or hat, Sunglasses, Fan, A bottle of water, Something you can use to wipe your sweat
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! This is very very important health wise and it can prevent heat strokes too.
- Wear clothing made of light materials and in light colors (i.e. cotton). Forget whatever the “in colour” is this summer, wearing white is the best.
- Take a bath at least twice a day. Believe me, baths are EXTRA therapeutic these days. And please don’t even bother turning on your water heater.
- My favourite tip haha! Eat and/or drink your favourite cold treats to make your summer extra brighter! 🙂 It could be your favourite ice cream, the classic Halo Halo, the currently trending Bingsu, or these really yummy ICE POPS!
Here is quick guide on how to make HOMEMADE ICE POPS:
HOME MADE ICE POPS (PINACOLADA FLAVOR)
2 cans of Pineapple Juice
1 200mL terra pack of Coconut Milk / any milk of your choice
1 Tbsp. of Muscovado Sugar
Step 1: Prepare your Ice Pops tray
Step 2: Mix the Pineapple Juice, Milk, and Muscovado
Step 3: Mix well, pour mixture into the tray
Step 4: Freeze
Step 5: ENJOY! 🙂
See how very easy they are to make? 🙂 It took me 5 minutes to make these yummy treats! Plus they are healthy too! Perfect summer cooler for kids and oldies alike.
It’s also fun to use fresh fruits and to experiment on flavours. Will share more flavours soon!
Have fun and don’t forget to share! 🙂
Enjoying summer despite this heat,