No matter how hard I try, I just really CANNOT go into dieting ever. I have tried the low calorie meals, no rice diet, and other kinds of crash dieting, usually during summer to make sure I looked good in my bikini, haha! 🙂 I have tried several times, especially when I was younger, but only failed miserably. I have so much respect for people who find the discipline in choosing these eating habits. I just love food so much and I really can eat anything and everything (yeah, even the gross exotic ones too). I also get depressed when I deprive myself of something yummy, so why bother! Now, I have just decided to give up on any form of “diet” forever, and just committed myself into eating as much healthy food as I can. This will be beneficial for my daughter as well since I’m still exclusively breastfeeding her up to now. 🙂
Recently, I have rediscovered my love for tomatoes. Fresh red tomatoes seriously make me go giddy in the market like a fat kid who sees chocolate! I’ve been adding tomatoes on anything right now it’s getting a bit crazy haha! 🙂 Combine it with my usual love for cheese…and tada! Welcome to my NEW ADDICTION – TOMATO AND FETA CHEESE ALL DAY.
Aside from being easy to prepare and the health benefits of fresh tomatoes, this combo just really tickles my tastebuds! It has a light and refreshingly sweet-salty taste that keeps me coming back for more. Been snacking on these for more than a month now. I may have to go to food rehab!
From my kitchen, I’m sharing with you two quick and easy snack recipes using my favourite combo TOMATO + FETA CHEESE. Enjoy! 🙂
– – – – –
ROASTED TOMATOES + FETA CHEESE SANDWICH
Pinch of Salt and Pepper to Taste
Pickled mayonnaise or Usual Sandwich Spread
French Bread or your choice to bread
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Add the fresh sliced tomatoes. Add a generous amount of basil and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and let it roast on the pan. Set aside.
- Prepare your bread of choice (you may toast it if you want) and add a thin spread of pickled mayonnaise or your usual “sandwich spread” from the grocery.
- Add a bed of fresh lettuce on the bread (your desired amount)
- Add the Roasted tomatoes.
- Crumble some feta cheese and add as much as you like on your sandwich.
*Tip: From what I’ve learned, cooked tomatoes are healthier than raw tomatoes 🙂
TOMATO + FETA CHEESE SALAD
Roasted Tomatoes (same as sandwich recipe)
Sweet Corn Kernels
Olives (either green or black but I prefer black)
Yogurt with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste (you may use other alternative dressing like raspberry vinaigrette)
Honey Roasted Peanuts (or any kind of nuts of your choice)
- Roast the tomatoes (same as the sandwich recipe) and set aside.
- Caramelize the white onions and set aside.
- Drain the corn and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the yogurt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce. You may chop them if you want. Add the tomatoes, onions, corn, and olives.
- Pour some of the yogurt dressing. Sprinkle some honey roasted peanuts and dried cranberries.
- Crumble a lot of feta cheese and sprinkle all over.
Happy eating! 🙂
Your Tomato and Feta Addict,